Saturday, December 24, 2011

"Dear God, I'm so sorry, please excuse me."

Prayer time each night at our house can be rather interesting, when your chain prayer includes an expressive 6-year-old. Tonight was no different. It is December 24, 2011...Christmas Eve...and the wonderful nativity story is fresh on our minds...so it has made it's way into his prayers here and there. Here is just the first minute of Jackson's prayer tonight...

"Dear God,
Thank you for Mary and Joseph. And thank you so much for sending us the wonderful baby to save our lives. And God, you did such a great job picking out the name. I just love the name Jesus. (insert a very loud tooting noise here). Oh. Dear God, I'm so sorry, please excuse me."

He then continues to finish his prayer, in all seriousness...I have no idea what was said after that...I was trying so hard not to laugh outloud. Oh my funny, gassy boy:)

No comments: