Thursday, October 8, 2009

He FLEW up to Heaven?!

Yesterday I picked Jackson up from pre-school. I told him that Louis Thornton was in the hospital and that he was very sick. Jackson said he wanted to make him a get well card to give him. Well, this morning Louis was called Home around 5:30am...

Jackson: Mom! We didn't take Louis his get well card, how 'bout we do that today?
Mom: Ah, buddy, God came and took Louis up to Heaven early this morning. He's not at the
hospital anymore.
Jackson: He FLEW up to Heaven?!
Mom: I guess so.
Jackson: But we didn't get to give him his get well card.
Mom: I know, but guess what, he is completely healed now, he isn't sick anymore. When God takes you to Heaven, you are healthy and well. Isn't that great?
Jackson: I want to go to Heaven and see Louis. I want to go talk to God.
Mom: What would you say to God?
Jackson: I would say, "God! (insert silly face with tongue hanging out)" and then God would laugh at me and think I was funny!
Mom: You certainly are funny Jackson.
Jackson: I want to play with God too! I want to wrestle, play with my legos, through the football, eat cereal.
Mom: That sounds like so much fun, you will get to do all of those things with Him someday!
Jackson: Yeah, that's right. I'm glad Louis isn't in the hospital anymore, I don't like hospitals, I don't like shots.
Mom: Me too buddy.

Louis touched so many lives, and Jackson was so lucky to have him as the "neighborhood grandpa," he will be missed:)

No comments: